One month later...


I write to you all having survived the unseasonable, Finland heatwave. And I know I speak to you as a very privileged, American girl, but even the Finns have reassured me that this heat was crazy bizarre. It's really reminded me, thought, of the privileges I do have: air conditioning. This luxury does not exist in peoples' homes here. But luckily, and with gratitude, there is a book store down the street (that has only Finnish books) which I would pretend to read so that I could dry my sweat and ease my mind.


At said bookstore, we recently purchased games so that I could bond with my roomie(s) just a little bit more. Ticket to Ride is a classic, I highly recommend (thank you, Ashley!). However, I didn't think about the implications of bringing it home, but also reading the directions. But, at least now I can bring a board game home with directions in Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish. It's cool, you can look up directions on the internet! We also got Uno, another classic, and dominoes at sweet little Dave's request.

It's crazy to me that I have lived here for almost a month. It's even crazier that it has flown by so fast, probably because I'm having so much fun?! I actually am though. Dave and I have booked a weekend trip to Copenhagen, Denmark for this weekend, I couldn't be more excited. This is the kind of stuff we've wanted to do: travel to new places we've never been... even though Dave has been to Copenhagen before (haha). But it's really cool to travel to new places, and have new experiences, which is what this leap of faith was all about for me.

If you're on the edge of making an anxiety-ridden choice, to change your life and do something out of this world, you have to do it. And I was the most apprehensive about making the leap to come here, and yet I couldn't imagine how different my life would be if I hadn't done it. People will say, "It's not the right time", "I need to do this...", or "I need to do that...". Doing something for you is usually going to be the right choice.

Trust me, if I can do it, so can you.

Until next time... xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helsinki: Amos Rex

Israel: What You Need to Know

Top Five Favorites in Helsinki